21 February 2009

Coincidence


Two things. Quickly though, I am traveling.

I'm on, quite possibly, the slowest computer I have ever been on. Once you have been exposed to beautiful high-speed internet, you truly can never return to the dull, molasses-like box I call this computer. I don't know if it's the R.A.M. or the cable connection, but I feel I have aged a bit while attempting to surf the web on this browser. Slow computers are probably ranked in the top 10 on the Annoying Things About Life list; being so extensive, that's pretty good. I feel like I am in the mid-90's when computers were just gaining some decent speed. I mean, the sound doesn't even match the alerts. I am typing and it is actually revealing the letters with a 3 second delay. That's three seconds three many.

Also, does anyone else agree that watching movies late at night impairs your judgment of the actual film itself? Every midnight showing or late night viewing I have ever seen has always ended tragically, on my part. It's either a huge coincidence, or watching movies for the first time late at night is a no-no. Perhaps you are tired, or maybe it is something else...like you're sleepy. Watching movies late at night ruins them.
I saw the movie Burn After Reading last night at like 12:00. More like Burn After Watching. Everyone I know gave it great reviews and it looked fabulous, I just didn't like it at the time.

Perhaps another day I shall watch it while blogging. Nah, my computer can't handle two windows at once.


*The picture above is of a Chow Chow, a dog my sister found on the street and named Chowder.

2 comments:

  1. Nah. I'm somewhat of a night owl, so watching movies at night is fine with me. Karen has trouble sleeping if she watches a horror movie or one of those crime shows late at night, though. That's not good...

    Your description indicates the issue is with the computer, not the Internet connection. Check for and turn off any unneeded programs in the system tray. You can see it near the lower right-hand corner of the screen. Simply right click on icons and select either close, exit or quit as appropriate. I'll bet, if you do this systematically, you'll find the culprit, which you can then remove under the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Happy to help out if you would like. :-)

    Leave your laptop at the dorm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do trust all of the concepts you have presented on your post.
    They are really convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for beginners.

    May just you please extend them a bit from subsequent
    time? Thank you for the post.

    my site; Discount Codes

    ReplyDelete